Aftermarket Technical Sales Engineer
Responsible for ensuring that the customer receives the best technical sales/service possible through processing of orders, general correspondence, and coordination with other company functions such as purchasing, production, engineering and shipping. Addresses all technical aspects of customer inquiries, quotations, and after sales assistance.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree/experience.
Three or more years of experience working in a chemical plant or technical sales of chemical equipment, project engineering for engineering and/or construction companies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
Customer-focused, proactive mindset with a bias toward meeting or exceeding commitments and deadlines. Strong ASME code experience. Working knowledge of cost estimating. Excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to multi-task; ability to read and interpret drawings and technical manuals. Highly developed technical writing skills and the ability to resolve technical questions and/or problems. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, ERP systems and web-based software.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Technical aptitude with desire to acquire thorough knowledge of the company’s products and how they are used. Ability to listen and comprehend; an intrinsic desire to provide a solution for the customer. Utilitarian “just get it done” approach to taking care of customers and resolving related issues.
Essential / Primary Duties
The essential job functions or primary responsibilities that must be performed unaided or with the assistance of an accommodation.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure that the customer receives the sales, engineering and technical support necessary to provide solutions that meet their needs.
- Prepare sales quotations including design recommendations, cost, and technical data.
- Coordinates project management of sales orders between the customer, engineering, manufacturing, purchasing and billing from order entry to shipping.
- Follow-up with the customer after shipment to ensure that equipment purchased operates properly and in accordance with the job specifications.
- Provides technical support to outside sales force.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Employee will work primarily in an air conditioned, modern office. Some travel to customer sites and other DDPS locations (Charlotte, NC & Corpus Christi, TX) may be required at times. Additional information regarding the work environment and the physical/mental requirements are available upon request.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your resume to email@example.com.