Filter/Dryer Components and Materials of Construction
Rosenmund filters and filter/dryers have many features that make them the recognized industry leader.
- Agitator - Unique, 3-arm "S" blade is designed for low speed and high torque service for processing thick, wet or dry cakes. Angled and profiled blades for axial and radial mixing of soil. the tip speed is gentle of the crystals and eliminates the concern for shearing or crystal damage. Unique "S" blade agitator design for efficient processing,
- Direct Drive System
- Dust Filter
- Universal Filter Media - The filter plate design allows the use of all types of filter media: cloth, single later metal screen, or multi-layer sintered metal.
- Side Discharge Valve - This patented design features a metal-to-metal seals, eliminating the cleanability issues that can arise with the use of o-rings. The valve is FDA validated and will provide a pressure/vacuum-tight seal.
- Heated Filter Plate - The all-welded design provides heat energy directly into the cake from the underside, allowing for heat transfer through all of the filter contact surfaces, for more efficient drying.
- Controls - Our in-house controls engineers design both manual controls and more sophisticated PLC-based controls with both local and remote stations for pilot units. Interlocking systems facilitate operation safety and ease.
- Vessel Design - DDPS provides strict and rigid pharmaceutical vessel specifications.
Advantages of Glass-Lined Steel Construction
The composite metal/glass material of construction provides the best of both worlds of each of the primary components. The external steel construction provides strength while the internal glass lining gives nearly universal corrosion protection and a smooth non-contaminating surface. The result of this is:
- corrosion resistance to both acids and bases
- high operating temperatures and pressures
- ability to add or remove heat to the batch
Learn more about glass-lined steel filter/dryers.
Advantages of Glass Construction
While the all glass design lacks the strength provided by external steel construction, the borosilicate glass 3.3 filters provide the same superior corrosion resistance as our glass-lined vessels with the additional benefit of process visibility. This feature makes the QVF series a popular choice in research and development as well as kilo plant production applications throughout the chemical, bio-tech, and pharmaceutical industries.
Learn more about glass filters.